Wednesday, January 6, 2010

There's a purple elephant at the kitchen table. Why can't anybody see???


From Wikipedia: "Elephant in the room" is an English idiom for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem no one wants to discuss.

It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there might be concerning themselves with relatively small and even irrelevant matters, compared to the looming big one.

Hi. Today I am beginning a journey. I am going to a place of healing and peace. Winter. The season of cold and barren soil. Winter has been my season for far too long. Today, I'm moving forward... I'm headed to find SPRING...a place of hope and new life.

But first, I need to let someone know...let someone hear...let someone understand and have compassion for a little girl who grew up seeing a purple elephant in her home.

This is my story about growing up as the daughter of a bi-polar, borderline personality disorder mother. It is only MY story, my feelings and my experiences.

Blessings. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment